I have always wanted to try making the American pancakes, as I call it, but… something was always holding me. Sometimes there were waffles, sometimes a chocolate Guglhupf or strawberry Tiramisu… Finally, I have tried the recipe and the pancakes have instantly become my favorite! 🙂
For 10 pancakes (4 persons) you will need…
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 Vanilla stick or 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (creamy consistency)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 g powder sugar
- 200 g (ml) buttermilk (Buttermilch)
- 0.5 teaspoon of Natron
- 150 g flour
- 2 teaspoon backing powder
- Additionally: ahorn syrop, Nutella, jam – whatever you prefer 🙂
1. Mix the eggs and the yolk together with powdered sugar and vanilla paste (or scratch out the content of a vanilla stick). Add buttermilk, Natron, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, flour and backing powder. Whisk the mixture until it forms a dough without clumps.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan, put some dough in and fry on low heat until the pancake turns golden brown (it usually takes 2-4 minutes for both sides of a pancake). Tip: if you see little holes forming on a pancake while it is getting fryied, it means you can turn it onto the other side and continue until ready. Normally, the first pancake always is a bit too brown… 😉 but then you’ll get it right!