I love cheesecakes! Surprisingly, I have not baked one myself until recently, being caught in prejudices about the difficulty of the process. However, I have overcome my doubts and have found a recipe which I would like to share with you 🙂
For the dough you will need:
- 125 g butter
- 250 g flour
- 1 egg
- 75 g sugar
- Baking powder (1 package)
- Vanilla sugar (1 package)
1. Mix all the ingredients, form the dough, wrap it in a plastic “paper” (Frischhaltefolie) and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. After 1 hour of cooling, put the dough out and roll it on the table till it is round and flat – this is the base of your future cake. Take a cake form and butter it up, add some crumbles (Paniermehl). Put the dough in the form and bake for 10-12 min by 180°C.
3. In the meantime, prepare the cream. Here is what you will need:
- 125 g butter
- 250 g Magerquark
- 200 g sugar
- 50 g semolina
- 5 eggs (separate egg yolk from egg-white)
- Lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
Let the the butter melt by room temperature (or put it in a glass jar into a microwave for max. 15 seconds), mix it with sugar. Separate egg yolks from egg-white. Add egg yolks to butter-sugar mixture, add semolina, Magerquark and lemon juice. Mix egg-white thoroughly in a separate bowl (till there is a firm foam) and gently stir into the cream. Put the cream onto the dough.
Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour by 180’C (Umluft) or 200’C (normal regime).
Let the cake cool down and… enjoy! 🙂