This cake has always been one of my favorites. It’s a Russian recipe from Soviet times, when one did not have fancy ingredients like vanilla paste but things tasted good nevertheless 😉 Here is the recipe, authentic but with a modern touch…
You will need…
- 175 g butter
- 175 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175 g raisins
- Some salt
- 1 package of baking powder
- Vanilla paste (1 tea-spoon)
- 240 g flour
- Sugar powder
1. Wash and dry raisins. Pre-heat the oven for 160’C. Grease the cake form with butter.
2. Mix butter and sugar until the mix become creamy.
3. Add 3 eggs one by one, mix thoroughly.
4. Add some salt, vanilla paste and raisins and stir thoroughly.
5. Add flour, mixed with baking powder, through the sieve.
6. Put the dough into the cake form and bake for 80 min.
How to know if it’s ready? Pinch the cake with a wooden stick or a toothpick – if it comes out dry, it’s done! 🙂
Let the cake cool down and scatter with sugar powder.