Spring has come! Finally one can enjoy sunny days and warm evenings, as well as switch to light mode in practically everything! 🙂 Carrot cake from canton Aargau is just the right one for the season.
For 10 pieces
200 g sugar
300 g ground almonds
300 g carrots (grated with kitchen aid or food processor)
½ lemon, juice and rind
60 g flour
1 tablespoon Kirschwasser
1 teaspoon baking powder
Marzipan carrots (10)
1. Grease a cake tin (24 cm) with butter. Add some flour and shake gently. Pre-heat the oven (165’C).
2. Separate egg yolks from egg-whites. Mix egg-yolks with sugar until foaming and the sugar has dissolved completely.
3. Add lemon rind, almonds, carrots, lemon juice, and flour with a pinch of salt and baking powder. Add Kirschwasser, and mix thoroughly.
4. Beat egg-whites until stiff and fold carefully into the mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour.
*The icing: 150 g icing sugar + 1 tablespoon of juice
**Decoration: marzipan carrots