One of my favorite desserts is Tiramisu – it’s easy to make and it always works! 🙂 Surely, there are many ready-made versions of it in shops, but somehow self-made is just better! Here is what you will need…
- 1 package of Savoiardi cookies
- 300 g mascarpone cheese
- Cocoa-powder (Kakaopulver)
- Milk (200 ml)
- 2 egg-yolks (Important: eggs should be as fresh as possible)
- Vanilla sugar (1 package)
- Sugar powder (30-60 g)
- *Amaretto (optional)
1. Prepare the cocoa-drink (warm the milk up and add 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa, stir until the milk starts to boil, remove from heat, cool down).
2. Take the egg-yolks and mix them with mascarpone, add vanilla sugar and sugar powder. Add some amaretto liquor (optional).
3. Wash and cut strawberries in slices. Take a glass form/bowl, soak Savoiardi cookies in cocoa-drink and cover the bottom of the form. Put the strawberries on the cookies, leaving some berries for decoration. Place the mascarpone mix on the cookies. At the end, there should be 3 layers: 1 – cookies, 2 – strawberries, 3 – mascarpone.
4. Take a sieve and put some cocoa-powder in it. By shaking the sieve gently, distribute all the powder on the dessert’s surface, in order to give it a nice chocolate look. Decorate with strawberries.